Tuesday, April 12, 2016

MSU Exchange Student Visit to Parkview!!

Image result for qingdao university

             The Color posts sent to China to exchange with their students was one thing, but whenever I figured out they were coming here to Parkview, I was ecstatic. To be able to meet someone that has come from almost completely across the globe was amazing. Although they didn't fly all of the way out here as they just drove on a bus here form Missouri State, It was still an amazing sight to see when they would script out their characters. I learned that we are all different, but we also have plenty of similarities. I learned on the day they came how to say "Confused" in Chinese. Although I can't remember how to anymore, it was a sight to see. Our exchange student, as in the group with me, Jessie, and Bailey, was Doudou. And yes, you do pronounce it like the bird. And yes, that is how she explained it to us. She said and I'll quote, "It's so much more beautiful here!" I would agree, but there are ways in which China is beautiful. She is spending a year at Missouri State University for her major in Wine-Making. How cool is that? To major in wine making.
              My group took them on a tour of Parkview High School. First, starting off inside of the Library, since that is where we met. Then, touring out the double doors to the right, where we saw the Courtyard and passed by some advertisements that Parkview students post around the school. Key Club, Wrestling, and some others were on the bulletin board. Then, we walked to the Art Hallway, looking at the masks and other paintings that were posted as well. Then, we went to the Photography dark room, and she flipped out! She was so excited to be in the room as I don't think she's ever seen one. I hadn't either at that point so I was waiting for her to ask questions. We then walked into the ASL room where they were doing some independent work on interpreting their songs into ASL format. We then ran out of time and walked through the courtyard and relaxed in the open spring air.
              I know that this was not a sanctioned class lesson, but It was such a wonderful experience. I wish I were here next year so I could possibly take the class again to see what next years students are like as well. Although I don't have any pictures of them with me or visa versa, they did take a picture on their phone of us all in a group together. It was a tremendous experience and I hope that next year, they redo and visit us again.

2 comments:

  1. NOICE.
    I feel like you were more excited and amazed by this than anyone. Your post conveys a lot of excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your post, too, and I'm so proud of all of you as you made our visitors feel welcome! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete